Somatics offers the gift of empowerment, awareness and freedom. For many Yoga teachers and students it is quite simply love at first sight! These immersions explore how cultivating somatics within Yoga asana leads to flexibility, strength and long-term change. Beyond the basics, this practice will teach you how to change your nervous system and repattern ease into your body, mind and life. Whether you are a teacher or a student, come experience for yourself how somatics can help you bud, grow and THRIVE.
Over the course of the 6 immersions you will:
– Explore how to seamlessly incorporate somatic exercises into a Yoga practice.
– Learn how to create natural and refined alignment in Yoga asana.
– Investigate the unique embodied anatomy of your muscles, bones, fascia + breath.
– Find freedom from pain, tension and contraction.
– Discover ease, flexibility, strength, balance, co-ordination and improved function.
– Take first steps on a somatic journey towards self-sensing and self-healing.
– Cultivate what I call three Super Powers: curiosity, exploration and self-inquiry.
– Experience for yourself the innate wisdom + intelligence of your body-mind-spirit.
Suitable for students from all streams of yoga with over one year of practice*. Bring a curious mind and a grateful heart.
All sessions will be recorded and made available for 1 month after each immersion. Zoom links to the events will be sent out a week before the event.
Somatic Movement Education (or Hanna Somatics) unites ancient yogic wisdom with modern neuroscience, biotensegrity, and functional movement. Lisa is a qualified Somatic Movement Educator and Yoga Teacher Trainer. She is an internationally recognized somatics pioneer who has been training somatics teachers for over a decade.
*Practitioners from other movement modalities such as Pilates or dance are welcome, as are health professionals (GP’s, physiotherapists, personal trainers, massage therapists, mindfulness teachers etc). Please note that our frame of reference for this particular series is Yoga asana.
- Hip ‘Openers’ and Somatics – Loving the Lower Body
June 26, 2021
10:00 - 12:30
- Breathing and Somatics – The Resilient Breathing Body
July 31, 2021
10:00 - 12:30