This CPD (continuing professional development) is for qualified SEC graduates of Living Yoga. The weekend teaches you how to take the leap from leading group classes to guiding one on one sessions. It builds on the solid foundations we laid and is aimed at simultaneously bolstering your confidence and expanding your tool-kit. In the practice session, we will focus on spinal conditions and the key exercises to have in your repertoire including some new movement playlists for you to explore and integrate. I will record the sessions as a home practice resource for you to take away.
You will learn how to:
- Refresh and refine your ability to see and understand bodies both in posture and movement.
- Develop your capacity to prescribe somatic exercises for specific conditions.
- Expand your touch skills.
- Grow your understanding of how touch communicates to the nervous system.
- Increase your understanding of self and interactive pandiculation.
- Flesh out your anatomical knowledge in both a cognitive and embodied way.
- Understand clinical conditions in more depth.
- Grasp the administrative and legal practicalities of working one on one.
Venue: Loreto Abbey, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland
Times: 10.00-13.00 & 14:30 – 17:00
- May 9, 2020 - May 10, 2020
10:00 - 17:00