LYATT 350. The core programme. 9 modules over 13 months. 36 full days training: €3,950. Early bird by September 30th, 2018: €3,600. Payment plan available.
‘Lisa’s teacher training workshops were a relevation. I still remember walking out of my first workshop and feeling as if I was floating. Working with her and her wonderful teaching assistants has totally re-defined how I think about Yoga and made me feel so much more at home in my own body’.
Suzanne Styles, Yoga Teacher
‘This training has been life changing. It has given me the tools I need to dive deeper into myself. Each module was so rich and deep; each building and interweaving beautifully with the other. I am changed. This work penetrates your soul, it’s that deep. If you are even a little bit curious about who you are, how you move, and what you are capable of, this training is for you. It’s an amazing gift’.
Sandra Mc Guffin, Yoga Teacher
Need more information? What to do next….
- Contact our Training Co-ordinator Áine at [email protected] with any questions. We are happy to organise a phone call to answer your individual queries, help you plan your training or customise your learning. Please request our logistics document for suggestions relating to travel, subsistence and accommodation.
- Once you’re ready, request an application form and submit it with your deposit payment in the link above. We’ll get back to you within two weeks of receiving your form. Upon acceptance, you’ll receive a welcome pack, reading list and full payment details. We’ll refund your deposit if you are not eligible and if possible try and help you find a more suitable course.
- Want to have an experience of the practice? Check out Lisa’s sample online classes on ekhartyoga.com.
- Check the website, join the Living Yoga Facebook page, or sign up to our newsletter for up-to-date news on events in your locality and to hear about all the other goodies on offer.
Scroll down for module descriptions, logistics, practicalities, fees, eligibility, certification, accreditation and assessment information.
Dates and Module Durations
Living Yoga Advanced Teacher Training (LYATT) 350, 2019-2020
Course Content – LYATT 350
Module 1 –Teaching Methodology and Introduction
- Teaching methodology and pedagogic model for this training
- What is experiential anatomy? What is embodiment?
- Introduction to somatic enquiry and what it means to enquire
- Philosophy: The kosha model from the Taittirīya Upanishad
Module 2 – The Breathing Body and Yoga
- What does it mean to befriend our breath and how can it help us?
- Introduction to using gravity and space in asana practice
- Embodying the dance of the diaphragms
- Postural analysis part 1
- Breath-related restorative practice
- Cellular meditation and cellular touch
Module 3 –The Fluid Body and Yoga
- What does it mean to embody fluids in a yoga practice and how can they help us?
- How do we connect and move from our core?
- The art of intuitive alignment
- Mobilising the fluid body
- How to break down asana from a developmental perspective
- Yoga philosophy: samskaras
Module 4 – The Organ Body and Yoga
- What does it mean to be organ-ized in a yoga practice and how can it help us?
- Organs as repositories of emotions
- Embodying organic support in asana and restoratives
- Working with process: how to develop inner resources
- The practice of Metta and cultivating compassion
Module 5 – The Skeletal Body and Yoga 1
- What does it mean to embody bones in a yoga practice and how can they help us?
- Embodying spinal integrity: how to move and use your spine in an optimal way
- Understanding pathways of weight and balanced joint space in the spine
- Caring for your sacro-iliac joints part 1
- Postural analysis part 2
- Spinal clinic: troubleshooting common spinal injuries and complaints
Module 6 – The Skeletal Body and Yoga 2
- How do the feet, hands, arms and legs relate to the spine and to each other?
- Embodying and understanding the shoulder and pelvic girdles
- Understanding pathways of weight and balanced joint space in the legs and arms
- Caring for your sacro-iliac joints part 2
Module 7 – The Muscular and Connective Tissue Body – Part 1
- Connective tissue continuities – how muscles fit in to the continuum
- Acquiring strong and balanced muscle tone safely through an asana practice
- Dealing intelligently with the ‘s’ word (stretching)
- Core muscle practices and muscle classification
- Retraining muscular reflexes
- Postural analysis part 3
Module 8 – The Muscular and Connective Tissue Body and Yoga – Part 2
- Introduction to fascia as the integrating matrix of the body
- Fascial continuities (anatomy trains)
- Fascia as fluid
- Understanding bio-tensegrity and tensile load
- How to create Yoga sequences that train fascia
- Fascial clinic: troubleshooting common misunderstandings
Module 9 – Integration 1
- Recap and review all systems, patterns, practices and teaching
- Learning consolidation, clarifications and further guidance
- Class planning and creative sequencing
- The ethics of the yoga lifestyle and professional responsibility
- Dharma and the modern yoga professional
Registration, Logistics and Practicalities
Loreto Abbey, Dalkey, County Dublin, Ireland
10.00-13.00 and 14.30-17.30 each day with the addition of a supervised practice from 08.00-09.30 on days 2 to the last day on all modules. Modules 6 and 8 (Skeletal Body 2 and Muscular and Connective Body 2) are the exception. They run over 5 days starting at 14.30 on the first day and ending at 13.00 on the last day.
Registration is open from 9.15 on the first day of each module
In order to apply, you need to be a qualified Yoga teacher or a dedicated and experienced student of Yoga with a regular practice of over 5 years. Otherwise, all we ask of you is…..enthusiasm to learn, innate curiosity, a sense of humour, an open mind and openhearted love of Yoga
Deposits and Fees
Total course fees LYATT 350/36 full days training: €3950. Early bird by September 30th, 2018: €3,600
We ask for a deposit of €500 to secure your place. Please submit your deposit payment at the same time as your application form. We’ll refund you if you aren’t eligible.
Contact Áine at [email protected] if you wish to avail of our payment plan options.
Course fees include all tuition and assessment, mentoring and module manuals. They do not include travel, accommodation or food.
This training is certified with Living Yoga
The 350 hour 9 core module training is accredited with Yoga Alliance Professionals (YAP). Please note that accreditation with YAP for this 350-hour course is only available to qualified Yoga teachers who already have a basic 200 hour qualification and who complete the full 350 hours of this course in one or more iterations.
We ask you to complete an interim self-reflection paper and a class presentation in Module 9.
Contact and Non-contact Hours
The LYATT 350 constitutes 36 full days training which includes 259 contact hours and 91 non-contact hours. The non-contact hours include home practice, study buddy sessions, review and consolidation of class materials. We will ask you to keep a learning log or home practice journal to help record your practice.
Permission to share your contact details with Yoga Alliance Professionals
Under our terms and conditions with YAP, we will ask you if you are willing for us to share your contact details with them. This is so that they can invite you to register with them as a trainee and a teacher. This is not an obligation of any kind.